Heidi wore a giant plastic butt and sang Bootylicious at the campfire talent show the night before my wedding. It's important to know this because when you first meet her, you think she's demure and elegant, and she is, but she's also hilarious and real AF.
Here's Heidi to share all her natural beauty secrets:
I'm a songwriter and write empowering songs for strong women like Natasha Bedingfield, Cheryl Cole, and the ladies of Little Mix—I’ve actually had two #1 hits in the UK! I’m very "girl power" and I love what I do.I believe that a person’s skin tells so many stories about them. Freckles tell stories of sunshine. Wrinkles tell stories of laughter and pain. The shades and the textures of our skin tell of our hard work, places we’ve traveled, years we’ve lived and learned. (Do I sound wise yet?)
I didn’t care at all about my skin until I woke up this last Christmas and realized that in exactly six months I’d turn 30. So I decided I needed to start 2016 off with a kickass skin care regimen, introduce some products and habits into my life that would help me have young and radiant skin forever. Because no matter how rich and famous I get, I refuse to do weekly botox and yearly facelifts like So-and-So and You-Know-Who. I refuse to erase the stories my skin wants to tell. (See how I tied that all together?)
1. Honeyskin Aloe Vera + Manuka Honey Cream – This is the ultimate face and body cream for people like me who have sensitive skin. I also travel a lot, which means I’m exposed to different seasonal allergens, temperatures, water, etc. The cream is made up of organic superfoods that help treat rosacea, rashes, dry skin, you name it. And besides, who doesn’t love honey?! get it here
2. Queen Bee Organics Vitamin K Serum – Thanks to Vitamin K, we have blood-clotting proteins in our bodies that help us not bleed to death when we get minor cuts. Eating fish, green vegetables and drinking lots of water provides Vitamin K for our insides. Vitamin K serum helps with dark circles and bruises on our outside. I’m a huge klutz and I don’t sleep enough so this stuff comes in handy. get it here
3. Non-toxic Nail Polish – They say a girl who has perfectly manicured nails is a girl who has her shit together. I don’t know who ‘they’ are and I actually know they're wrong…but I like to appear to have my shit together and I find painting my own nails bold colors to be very therapeutic. Butter has the best polishes and the best Brit-inspired names. I’m wearing “Snog” as we speak... get it here
4. Papaya, avocado, beans, and anything high in fiber – I always say, “You’re sure to feel super with a healthy pooper.” When I'm regular I feel like a gazelle. My skin feels better, my hair styles better, I sleep better, I drive better. It’s an all-around life improvement. It’s important to keep those intestines happy. Eat fiber.
5. Sleeeeeep – If I don’t get eight hours of sleep then I can hardly function. I wake up cranky and bloated and ready to go all crazy Latina on the first person who crosses me. If I could sleep for eight months straight like in those astronaut movies I probably would. Sleep is amazing.
6. Comedy – I try to go to standup and improv comedy shows as often as I can. It’s not hard to find incredible talent where I live (Los Angeles), but even watching standup shows on Netflix is great. I’m taking Improv 101 classes with a couple friends right now, too. Laughter and silliness is the best and I believe it will keep us young and beautiful more than anything else. Totally worth the laugh lines.